Is it possible that ransomware attacks are exacerbated in part by failures in corporate IT? Some of these failures are so grave they borderline “negligence”. It is just a matter of time before global organizations are liable for the disruption caused by outbreak of ransomware such as WannaCry and /NotPetya. These ramsonware use an exploit in Microsoft Server Message Block version 1. SMBv1 was designed back in the 1980 and did not have much security built into it. Subsequent versions are more secured and Microsoft has encouraged all users to abandon SMBv1.
- WEST AFRICAN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HIT BY CYBER ATTACKS 23/01/2019
- FASTCash: How the Lazarus Group is Emptying Millions from ATMs 19/11/2018
- Insider fraud in the banking industry: What if we could help you prevent, detect and respond to insider fraud? 03/10/2017
- Can Better IT Prevent the Spread of Ransomware? 06/09/2017
- The Next Big Attack Landscape: Eye on SCADA 30/08/2017